Thursday 3 September 2015

Thin Lizzy

You might remember Thin Lizzy from "those" infomercials back in the day? Well I'm happy to report that Thin Lizzy has come a long way since then. I've been road testing a few star pieces from the Thin Lizzy collection and have been pretty pleased with most of the results. Here's what I've been using:
1. Thin Lizzy Concealer Crème in Duchess ($29.95

This is probably the product that I was most impressed with. It's a super heavy duty concealer that will cover anything from acne to tattoos but still looks and fees lightweight. It contains ginger extract to help heal and soothe red or broken skin. It's also water-resistant, making it the perfect tattoo cover up. I was lucky enough to see some of the Thin Lizzy products in action at a Masterclass and the tattoo cover up was probably the part that wowed me the most, so impressive!

2. Thin Lizzy Mineral Foundation in Duchess ($39.95)

The foundation is the product that I'm still on the fence about. I found that building up coverage took a little bit of effort, you can probably get to around a medium coverage. Because the powder contains mica, the more you buff it in, the glowier you get. If you love a dewy, glowy look, then this is definitely the powder for you. However, if you prefer a matte look, this powder is not your friend. I personally think it looks beautiful used as a finishing powder to give a little glow, kind of like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. It would also be stunning for bridal makeup.


This is probably the powder that you would have heard the most about. The 6-in-1 powder can be used as a blusher, bronzer, face framer, contour, eye shadow and lip colour(phew!) and comes in a light and a dark shade. I wasn't expecting much but this powder has become a firm favourite for me, especially as a contour and face framer. It's perfect for people who don't like wearing a lot of makeup or who don't like using lots of different products. The 6-in-1 kit comes with 2 sets of the powder plus brushes, eyeliners and lip glosses. It's a pretty perfect catch-all kind of kit.

Dani the Girl gives the Thin Lizzy range:
Tell me what your favourites from the Thin Lizzy range are in the comments.

Dani XO

Products in this post were provided as free gifts for attending the Thin Lizzy Masterclass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates