Sunday 30 August 2015

Everyday Travel Makeup

I feel like everyone might be a little sick of hearing about my trip to England but I have so many things to share with you! Today, I thought I would share the everyday makeup products that I found myself reaching for on my trip.

This stuff is the bomb.com! I found that my skin was really dry and this was hydrating enough to smooth out all the dry patches, as well as even out my skin tone and cover up any redness or blemishes. I did have to go in with a little concealer occasionally, but this did the hard part of the job.


I picked this up in Boots, I was intrigued by the complexion clearing claims. It's a translucent finishing powder, very similar to the Rimmel Stay Matte powder but it contains an ingredient called PureSkin that's designed to help reduce breakouts. I really like this powder, it's lightweight, mattifying and feels just a little more lightweight than Stay Matte. I'll definitely have to find a way to get my hands on some more!

3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette ($76.00) Limited Edition

It's heartbreaking that this palette is no longer available because it's the perfect companion for travel. Three gorgeous, marbled blushes in one handy (and very pretty) gold package. I probably used all three shades equally, although Mood Exposure is definitely my favourite. 

4. Benefit Roller Lash ($40.00)

This mascara is AH-MAY-ZING! I only took this and a sample of Urban Decay's Perversion mascara with me and I probably used Roller Lash more for day-to-day wear. I just love how well it coats, curls and holds lashes. Even just one quick coat makes my lashes look a million times better. 

5. MAC Velvet Teddy ($36.00)

Velvet Teddy, nuff said! Possibly my most-used lipstick of the entire trip. This lipstick was perfect to amp up and finish my super simple everyday face. I also wore it out several times, I think it must be love!

6. Sleek Brow Stylist in Dark (£5.99)

This was yet another of the goodies I picked up at Boots and one that I'm really pleased with. Sleek isn't terribly easy to get here in Australia so I was quite keen to see what they had on offer. This brow pencil caught my eye because instead of a traditional pencil, it's more like a gel in a retractable pencil form. I like to think of it as Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in a pencil. Bonus points for the spoolie on the other end too. 

What are your regular favourites?

Dani xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates