Monday 6 October 2014

Sample Saviour Spending Ban

Are you a sample languishing in Dani's sample stores, just dying for a chance to be used? Well baby, it's your time to shine because the Sample Saviour is here!

I was recently on a little bit of a spring cleaning kick and came across all of the samples that I had secreted away over the last few months. I had such good intentions and I definitely meant to use them all up but as time went by, I just forgot about most of them. After unearthing quite a few sachets, deluxe samples and travel size packages, I have decided to lauch the Sample Saviour in an attempt to clear out my backlog of samples.

Here's how it's going to work:

-      I currently have 25 sample sachets and 18 deluxe or travel sized samples in my collection.
-       I am giving myself 1 month to use up as many samples as I can.
-       Apart from essential purchases e.g. shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, etc I won't be spending any money on makeup or skincare purchases until the Sample Saviour is done.
-       At the end of the month, I'll update you with all the samples I've used with a mini review and let you know how I've done.

I've never done a spending ban or anything like that before, but I'm hoping the thought of all of these lovely samples will be enough to keep me from temptation! I just realised that I actually spend a LOT of money on makeup and with Christmas just around the corner, I'd love to try and save a little bit of money and use up some of my vast sample supplies at the same time.

Dani xo

10 comments:

  1. Yeah I think I need to follow your lead here and do the same... I am the worst at not using up products! Gah!

    Kate | themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jump on the bandwagon! Saving money can never be a bad thing! I struggled today with a few shiny things but I'm doing ok :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh great idea. I have two huge drawers filled with samples and they're driving me nuts. I may have to steal your idea haha ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! It's a great way to use up samples and save money too, can't be a bad thing, right?

      Delete
  3. I'm not a big fan of sachets either but I find that if you decant them into smaller pots, you get a lot more product than you think would be in a sachet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how many samples you accumulate over time! I'm doing pretty well so far, fingers crossed that I can keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I really should do something like this to make it through my sample stash :/

    Ash / thebeautycollection.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've struggled with seeing a few amazing things this month and then realising I can't just buy them but it's going pretty well so far!

      Delete
  6. This is a great idea! I have far too much stuff in my cupboards and need to start testing out some samples myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found it's a great way to use up stuff I would otherwise probably not even look at.... And save some money too!

      Delete

Follow Us @soratemplates