Sunday 10 August 2014

NYX I Dream of Nevis Palette

NYX is fast becoming one of my favourite makeup brands. They are really affordable and their range is just amazing, they have every colour and product a girl could dream of! Speaking of dreaming, I am doing a review of NYX’s I Dream of Nevis Palette from the Caribbean Collection. I have been lucky enough to travel to the Caribbean (twice!) and absolutely loved it so when I saw this palette, I couldn’t resist a little trip down memory lane.

The Brand – NYX

You can brush up on your NYX history by reading my post on their wonderful primers here. Basically, NYX was founded to bring bright, beautiful makeup to the world at affordable prices. Every time I look, NYX has brought out something new and a lot of their products are really good dupes for the higher end brands. They literally have every product you could ever want and even better, they are available in Australia (thank GAWD for that). 

The Product – I Dream of Nevis Palette (The Caribbean Collection) ($13.95 from Lipstick Republic) 

This is one of 10 palettes released as part of the Caribbean Collection, I have no clue if they are limited edition or not. They have every colour of the rainbow and I Dream of St. Lucia is particularly bright and tropical! There are 5 colours in the palette and the packaging itself is very nice, a little black palette with a palm tree motif on the front and a good sized mirror inside. It also comes with two eye shadow applicators (which I hate, not just these one, I hate all of them, they’re next to useless). I was a little disappointed to discover that the individual colours don’t have their own names. NYX could have done so much with the names like giving each one the name of a town on the island. But that aside, the colours are really nice. I Dream of Nevis is a neutral palette, there is a cream colour, a light taupe, a shimmery light brown, a shimmery silver and a deep brown (swatches below). 

Using the products

The beautiful thing about this palette is how well the colours work together, it’s so easy to create a pretty good look with minimal effort. My two favourite colours from this palette would have to be the light taupe and shimmery brown, they look really good together. I am not a big fan of the silver though. The other colours are nicely pigmented and are very smooth to apply, the silver has a completely different consistency and just kind of fades away to nothing when you attempt to blend it. Having said that, I still like to use it as a bit of a highlighter on the inner corner of the eye. 

Overall Score

The Good
Good colours (excluding silver)
Easy to create a nice look
Good pigmentation
Smooth to apply (except silver)
Budget friendly
The Bad
Silver is not as nice as the other colours
Horrible eye shadow applicators included
Limited Edition, might be hard to track down




KaBOOM! Cosmetics gives NYX I Dream of Nevis Palette:
So overall, a nice neutral palette with a good range of colours. Have you tried any of the other palettes in the Caribbean Collection?

Stay beautiful!

Dani xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates