Sunday 8 June 2014

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks

I’ve you’ve been keeping up with my lipstick escapades in the Lipstick Tag and the Lipstick Product Addict Tag, it will come as no surprise to learn that Rimmel is one of my very favourite drugstore brands, especially when it comes to lipstick. I LOVE the Kate Moss range by Rimmel and not just because Kate is one of my idols! The Moisture Renew Range launched in March and Georgia May Jagger, another gorgeous gal, is the face of the new range. 


The Brand – Rimmel London

I was very surprised to find out while researching Rimmel that the brand has been around in various forms since 1820 (1820! Say what!?) and was founded by a super cool sounding dude, Eugene Rimmel. Gene (as I like to call him now) opened up a perfumery at the tender age of 14 in Bond Street, London. He was seen as something of a visionary in terms of cosmetics. The rest is pretty much history and Rimmel has expanded almost globally since then and is available in over 40 countries. They are also one of my personal favourite brands!

The Product – Moisture Renew Lipsticks ($13.95 each)

I own five out the total thirteen colours in the range including Diva Red, In Love with Ginger (my favourite!), As You Want Victoria, Piccadilly Pink and Sloane Plum. The packaging is a vibrant purple tube WITH a locking cap so the lid can’t come off and accessorize your handbag interior while you’re not looking. I’m torn between loving that they all have the packaging and wanting the tubes to be the same colour as the lipstick to save scrabbling to find the right colour. I think $13.95 is a little pricey, considering the Kate Moss range is $9.95 but it’s not overly expensive (especially when you snap them up on a 2 for 1 deal like I did!). The product also has quite a nice smell for a lipstick, quite creamy and ever so slightly floral. You can smell it quite strongly in the tube but it doesn’t seem to linger once applied. 
From L-R: Diva Red, In Love With Ginger, As You Want Victoria, Picadilly Pink & Sloane Plum

Using the product

The colour payoff on these is fantastic, they are so nicely pigmented. They are also super glossy, which would normally put me off but I don’t know, these are just so beautiful! The glossiness means that they absolutely glide on to your lips, I’ve had no trouble applying them in a dimly lit restaurant using my iPhone as a mirror. The colour lasts really well unless you’re eating or drinking, in which case, they seem to rub off quite easily. It’s not really a big deal, most ladies know they’ll have to reapply their lipstick after a meal, but the Lasting Finish range by Rimmel have much better staying power. I guess their name suggests they were made to stick around, whereas the Moisture Renew are much more hydrating but don’t stick around as long.

Swatches from L-R: Diva Red, In Love With Ginger, As You Like Victoria, Picadilly Pink & Sloane Plum
Diva Red
In Love With Ginger
As You Like Victoria
Picadilly Pink
Sloane Plum
Overall Score

The Good
Excellent colour payoff
Super glossy
Very hydrating
Pleasant scent
Great packaging, especially the locking cap
The Bad
A little pricier than the other Rimmel lipsticks
Don’t have the best staying power







KaBOOM! Cosmetics gives the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks:


Have you been lucky enough to get your hands on any of these gorgeous lipsticks yet? If not, do it now! Seriously though, I’d love to know what everyone else thinks of these babies because they are now a firm favourite with me!

Stay beautiful!

Dani xx

12 comments:

  1. Even though they are expensive by Rimmel's standards, it does show just how affordable they are compared to Revlon and L'Oreal lipsticks in Australia! I only have Sloane's Plum in this line but it is amazing :) In Love with Ginger looks awesome too!

    Kate | themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, when you consider that most drugstore lipsticks retail for $20+, Rimmel is really a pretty good bargain! Sloane's Plum is an excellent choice I think, especially for winter but all of the shades are pretty spot on I think.

      Delete
  2. Definitely keen to pick up more! I purchased In love with Ginger and As you like Victoria the other day - I'm yet to wear them, but they felt amazing when I swatched them instore. <

    heytherejacquelyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I would LOVE to own the whole collection! I'm sure you'll love wearing them, they're so glossy and hydrating. As You Want Victoria and In Love With Ginger are both lovely.

      Delete
  3. I love the look of In love with Ginger & Sloane's Plum! I will definitely be checking it out. I own 3 others but after seeing your pictures I definitely want more!

    I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, check it out HERE!
    Sarah | bowsandpleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great collection, I can't help but want all of them! And thanks again for the nomination, you can check out my Liebster Award post from earlier this year if you like :)

      Delete
  4. I have all of them apart from in love with ginger. Definitely thinking of getting it after seeing your swatch of it. I'm loving the moisture renew lipsticks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a firm favourite and if you find it, buy it! Took me a while to track it down. I'm definitely thinking of buying some more, the Moisture Renew range is great.

      Delete
    2. I think I will. :) You should head to chemist warehouse if you get a chance, I've been finding a lot of the American moisture renew colours that aren't in our range. :)

      Delete
    3. Ooh thanks for the tip! I picked up As You Want Victoria at Chemist Warehouse but it was during their recent sale and a lot of things were out of stock. I'll have to check back again.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous swatches! I'm in love with Rimmel London lipsticks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it always takes me forever to get lip shots right. I'm in love with them too, I can't stop harping on about then to everyone but they really are gorgeous!

      Delete

Follow Us @soratemplates